We are thrilled to be able to reopen the doors of some our stores. For the protection of our team and customers we will be doing this cautiously and have made changes to the way our stores operate and the services we offer. This means that we are not able to offer the full service you are used to in our stores but we hope you understand that we have to prioritise safety and thank you for your support on this. Please read the changes below before you visit and let us know if you have any questions.
We will be opening our stores on the dates listed below. Please note, our trading hours are changing to give more time for employees to do deep cleans and restock shelves whilst customers aren’t in the store. Before travelling please check out the new opening times here: https://www.charlies.co.uk/store-locations
- Coed-y-dinas: Opening 18th May
- Shrewsbury: Opening 18th May
- Dyffryn, Newtown: Opening 18th May
- Queensferry: Opening 19th May
- Parc-y-llyn : Opening 19th May
- Carmarthen Store Opening 19th May:
- Market Street, Newtown & Cambrian Place, Aberystwyth: Remain closed until further notice
Changes To Customer Services
- We do not currently have customer toilets available for customers.
- At our Coed-y-dinas site Howards restaurant remains closed.
- We will not be able to assist customers with heavy lifting. If you wish to purchase something heavy please visit store as a two so that you can lift it yourselves.
- We will not be able to assist you with taking things to your car.
- We will not be operating a home delivery service from our stores. Instead if you wish to purchase something that requires delivery you must purchase it through our website www.charlies.co.uk and the delivery will be done by a third party courier. For agricultural products you can arrange collection at store.
- Stock of large garden furniture or BBQ lines will not be available to take home from store. These can be purchased from our website. The only product that will be available is that that can fit in your car.
- We will not be offering hat or body protector fittings.
- Our clothing changing rooms are closed and you are temporarily prohibited from trying on footwear.
- There maybe other changes in specific departments so please follow instructions.
Changes To How The Stores Operate
- Do not enter the store if you or anyone else in your household has Covid-19 symptoms.
- We have strict social distancing measures in place and ask all colleagues and customers to adhere to them.
- We have queuing systems in place outside our stores and will be managing the number of people in the store. At busy times you may have to wait outside to enter a store.
- In certain areas of the store one way flows have been put in place, please follow the signage.
- No unaccompanied under 16s unless at all avoidable.
- We encourage you to shop alone, but where you require assistance on heavy items we will allow two people per household.
- We encourage you to shop unassisted but where needed team members will be there to assist in accordance with guidelines.
- We are not accepting cash or vouchers. We will only be accepting card payments and encourage contactless payments wherever possible.
- We will not be processing Klarna payments. This service is still available on certain products on our website.
Also, as much as we would love to see everyone can we please remind you that we are opening for local customers only and for specific shopping journeys only. We are not to open for you to have a day out, browse or catch up with friends.
We ask for your support and patience during this difficult time. Be assured we will be doing our best to offer the highest standards of services whilst keeping everyone as safe as we can. We will be continually monitoring the stores and services we offer and will make changes if we feel we can manage it and it is in-line with government guidance.
At Charlies the safety of both our team and customers is our number one priority. To make sure we operate in the safest way possible during this Corona Virus outbreak we have worked tirelessly to review all of our operations across the business and to put new safety measures in place. In line with Government guidance below you can find copies of our risk assessments for stores and warehouse facilities.
Stores: Please note, individual risk assessments have been carried out at each of our stores to take into account each of their individual characteristics. Below is an example from one store which highlights actions being taken across the stores although there may be slight modifications between sites.
Warehouse: Offas Dyke Warehouse CoronaVirus Risk Assessment.
These will be continually reviewed in-line with regulation and changes to our operation. All employees have been trained on these risk assessments and the measures we are taking. We are doing our very best to stay Covid-19 secure.